Omron Electronics S.p.A.
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert: Create Alert
Job Title: Head of OMCE Internal Auditing
Business Company: OMRON Headquarters (HQ)
Employment Type: Permanent
Title: Head of Internal Auditing
OMRON is now seeking a highly motivated Head of Internal Auditing to join our Internal Audit Department. Are you a senior auditor who is eager to audit internal controls to ensure sound, effective and efficient organizational management across the EMEA Region? Do you enjoy a complex global organization with a Japanese HQ and many international and multi-cultural contacts? Then this might be the role for you!
Omron Corporation (Omron) established in 1933, is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 28,000 employees in 44 countries. Omron specialises in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries, including automation, electronic components, and healthcare.
OMRON´s Auditing Department is located at its European Headquarters in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. A dedicated team supports different Omron businesses consisting of more than 40 entities, branches and departments in Europe, The Middle East, and Africa.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and perform professional, full cycle internal audits at various Omron locations, including Regional (BC) Headquarters, regional entities and factories, based on Omron’s philosophy and ethics, as well as the Internal Auditors’ Code of Ethics (IIA).
- Perform audit procedures, collecting data, reviewing and analysing audit evidence and evaluating risk areas of audited entities, based on facts and rational thinking.
- Pursue root causes of deficiencies and issues found during the audit and recommend countermeasures.
- Understand the internal auditing framework and implement auditing procedures based on the framework.
- Knowledge of accounting and IT controls and internal procedures as necessary for internal audit, and audits based on them.
- Knowledge of J-SOX self-evaluation procedures and the audit framework based on J-SOX standards, performing J-SOX audits accordingly.
- Understanding of the various types of fraud, risks and signs of fraud during audits and in the pre-audit data analysis.
- Execute audits at the set quality level.
- Document audit findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Communicate the results of audits via written reports and video conferences with Global Internal Audit Headquarters in Japan.
- Report on the status of the audit cycle.
- Report on the progress of remediation plans.
- Clearly identify and understand the objectives, goals, intentions and task assignments. Clearly communicate these and ensure they are understood by all parties.
- Provide the necessary support to others to achieve their goals.
- Understand and explain the risks and controls of various business processes.
- Communicate as below:
- Ask questions that identify problems and causes.
- Explain in clear and concise manner to counterparties.
- Explain to counterparties’ satisfaction and understanding.
- Provide consulting services to Omron management and staff on compliance and risk.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with Omron Management and colleagues.
- Perform related work as assigned by GIA management.
- Establish suitable department strategy, structure and roles to meet the expectations set for Internal Auditing.
- Ensure a competent workforce by:
- Empowering team-members for their specific roles & responsibilities.
- Preparing objective setting & conduct mid-year and annual performance reviews.
- Manage, coach and support team members to professionally develop.
Required Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- IIA qualification is an advantage.
Required Specific Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous auditing experience and (senior) managerial experience.
- Maintain OMRON’s and professional ethical standards and completes internal audit work in compliance with the OMRON Principles and the IIA’s Code of Ethics: https://www.iia.org.uk/resources/ippf/code-of-ethics/.
- Work with integrity, discipline, and objectivity.
- Ability to communicate with (senior) management at Global level and within the EMEA Region.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement.
- Able and keen to travel frequently to OMRON locations, at least for one week a month.
- Experience in a manufacturing company and manufacturing cost analysis is an advantage.
- Excellent English and report writing skills.
- Experience of JD Edwards, SAP or similar ERP system.
- Work experience in a multi-national and multicultural result-oriented business environment
- Is a team player.
- Work from OMRON Headquarters in Hoofddorp, NetherlandsThe candidates must be eligible to work in Netherlands.
What can OMRON offer you?
- International, inclusive, and flexible working environment.
- Opportunities to join training and courses for your personal and professional development.
- Competitive employment benefits package in accordance with market standards.
- 29 days of holidays per year for fulltime employment
- Hybrid working and home office equipment to set up your home office space.
- Working from abroad opportunity up to 20 days per year.
Interested? We look forward to your motivation letter and your cv! Please click on apply!
Lees hier meer…
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je nl.whatjobs.com.